This week our challenge is a Mix and Match challenge - use either 3 different stamp sets OR 3 different paper packs. I decided to use almost all the current paper packs (I accidentally forgot Surf's Up - eek!) and make a fun set of quilted cards to showcase the FREE Downloadable labels CTMH has given us as part of our new "Rediscover Happy" campaign! I'll link up to that download at the end of this post so be sure to scroll all the way to the end!
I had so much fun with this technique I wound up making 11 cards!
Here is a quick tutorial on how to make these cards:
1. Cut 1" wide strips of your patterned paper scraps (mine are 1x3")
2. Adhere strips side by side in a pleasing pattern on some lightweight copy paper.
3. Cut 1" rows off the top of your strip so you have a series of 1" blocks.
4. Adhere the blocks to a plain card base to the size you want (here I did 3 rows).
5. Emboss the entire piece with an embossing folder of your choice.
6. Add a "Rediscover Happy" sentiment tag (CLICK HERE for your FREE copy)
This technique is a fabulous way to use up scraps of papers and I love the crazy quilt look of the finished card. Now grab your CTMH stamps and papers and have some fun with our Mix and Match Challenge! See you at Heart2Heart Challenges later this week!
Stay crafty my friends,