Several weeks ago I was inspired by a post from a fellow CTMH consultant who used this set to create a gingerbread house on a card. I was immediately inspired to take the idea and transform it into an actual gingerbread house! I love to give little sweets, treats and cookies at the holidays but so often the boxes or treat holders you can buy at the store are HUGE leaving you too much space to fill to make the box look presentable. This little house is just perfect for a small bag of chocolates, a couple of envelopes of gourmet cocoa, some spiced cider, some special soaps or anything else you want to present that would fit! Finished size is 2.5" square with 5.5" height.
Cost of project: 40 cents in Cardstock and 17 cents of Cranberry grosgrain ribbon per house!
Paper Dimensions you'll need:
4x4" Colonial White Cardstock
6x12" Brown Bag Cardstock
4.75"X4.75" Brown Bag Cardstock
1. Create the box base with the 4x4" Colonial White cardstock.
- Score .75" in at all sides
- Cut slit on ONE side of each of the scored squares in the corner
- Use HEAVY DUTY adhesive like Tombow Power Bond or Sticky Tape in the corners to adhere.
- 2.5", 5", 7.5", 10"
- ADDITIONAL SCORE NOT SHOWN - score .5" along the top edge (you will fold this down and adhere after you've embossed to make the top edge of your box sturdier!)
3. Emboss your house design in White Daisy. Note that the "front" of the house should be on the second panel - this will keep the seam away from the front of your house!
4. Add your adhesive!
- NOT SHOWN - fold down your .5" lip at the top of the house panel and adhere now. This will give the top of your box a sturdier edge.
- To build the box put adhesive on the bottom and on the side that is the last panel of your house (the smaller 2" blank edge will be folded inside).
- Make sure your box is squared up as you adhere your long house edge.
- When you have everything adhered gently place your hand inside and press all the edges to make sure things are stuck down good and tight!
- Score at 1" on all sides and then do your embossing.
- Now cut one slit at each of the corner squares and assemble exactly as you did your box base!
8. Optional - add a bit of Chocolate ink to distress and "bake" your gingerbread.
9. Add a pretty ribbon around the whole box and you are ready for the holiday gift giving season!
Other: White Daisy Embossing Powder, Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon, Tombow Power Bond (red tape will also work)
Now put back on your frog feet and hop on over to Shannon's site for some more artwork and fun!
Don't forget November is also my STAMPAGANZA event - Buy 2 acrylix stamp sets and Get 1 FREE! From November 3-30th simply stop by my site at paige.myctmh.com and place an order! This promotion will automatically be added to your cart AND any order of $100 or more in product ALSO gets "Around the Block" for FREE - an extra $22.95 bonus! Click HERE for more information on STAMPAGANZA and get a free HOLIDAY WISH LIST you can copy and print out! Give it to your hubby to make his shopping easier and less expensive so that YOU'LL get all your wishes fulfilled under the tree this year!